Hey all! Sorry I’ve been absent for the last week or so. Hubs came down with Influenza A and was told not to touch the baby for a week! I did the solo parenting thing for a couple of days and then family came into town and the holidays took over. But I’m back now and with a delicious smoothie to boot!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, we had such a lovely time with family and my sister in law made a super yummy Thanksgiving meal! However, if you’re anything like me (and everyone else I know) you probably overdid it a bit this Thanksgiving (and for the following several days). Even if you’re meal was healthier than the average persons, your stomach may need a little help getting back on track. In comes the Orange You Beautiful Smoothie. A beautifully orange smoothie that will ease you back into your regular routine without shocking the system. This is a sweet smoothie with some cashews for protein and creaminess. No greens here so it’ll be gentle on you’re overworked stomach.
Here’s to a few weeks of mindful eating before we do it all over again later this month!
- 2 Cups Combined Carrot and Apple Juice freshly juiced
- 2 Cups Frozen or Fresh Mango
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Cashews either soaked overnight or quick soaked in hot water for 20 min
- 2 Dates (optional if added sweetness is needed)
- A sprinkle of Cardamom
- Juice your carrots and apples. I used 2 Braeburn Apples but Gala or something similar would be nice and about 8-10 carrots. You can adjust according to how much of either flavor you enjoy. More apples will be sweeter.
- Combine juice and all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy 1 very large smoothie on your own or split into two servings. Sprinkle with cardamom to taste.